Dear visitors, dear ASR League members !
The ASR – Avanced Study Room offers for its ASR members real time chat channels, either within the ASR Room @ KGS Go Server (free access via goKGS client) or the new ASR chat rooms on ASR’s website (as part of the new ASR Game planner).
Its a pleasure to have you on the ASR Chat.
ASR Chat rooms for registered ASR members +Rookies …
More infos about the internal, non public chat rooms in the ASR Info & Support Center.
Same for the chat function in the ASR Room @ KGS you can use it playing a single game (see screenshot of game board front end) following rules are given. Here we link directly to the KGS chat line etiquette you accept with your KGS account and each loggin session… and commonly known GO etiquette.
In our endeavour to make the ASR chat an address on the internet for constructive debate and discussions about GO (game) and our Go studies and to prevent inappropriate behavior, the ASR Team created the following Chat and PM (private message) policy to keep order.
This page contains the rules all users (league members, subscribers, participants, authors etc. …) must follow and the results they will have to face when they break the rules.
- Note: To access the ASR Chat, your personal registration for an ASR account must be confirmed.
- No collecting and/or distributing/revealing personal information about users, such as address, family information, etc.
- No swearing, using inappropriate language, or mentioning/referring to/adding alcohol, drugs or sexual text to the chat.
- No spamming… typing long and meaningless words, spamming with emotes, as well as flooding are not permitted. Excessive usage of uppercase words (caps) is considered spam as well.
- Extended or long roleplaying discussions may be considered spamming. If you’d like to hold a big roleplay talk, please consider starting or moving it to a private message or to a multi-PM.
- Singing (that is, posting partially or entirely the lyrics of a song, either in a single message or spread across several messages) is also considered spamming.
- No being mean (bullying)… do not tease other users, make fun of them, or speak of them in a way that would be offensive.
- No posting or directing to (e.g. linking) inappropriate content.
- No fights… any kind of fight is strictly not allowed in chat. If you see a fight in chat, you can try and calm the users that take part in it, and contact a mod if it continues.
- No raiding… large groups of users from other “rooms” that all join chat at once may be kicked or banned if a mod has a clear indication that they are going to break the ASR Chat rules.
- No foreign languages… to prevent confusion and swearing in other languages, you may only speak English in the chat.
- No abusing powers… the chat mod right should be taken seriously, which means chat mods are strictly not allowed to play with their powers.
ASR League members (users) who are chat moderators (anyone who has access to the kick/ban features) have a badge next to their name in chat) are responsible for enforcing the rules. While being in chat, you are asked to pay attention to their notes or warnings.
The results if you break the rules
|Linking to sites with inappropriate content/products|
|Chat moderator abuses rights/breaks the rules|
Please understand that bans could be a longer duration for certain offenses and that some offenses could even result in blocks depending on the situation. Some examples are listed below:
- If a user reveals personal information of another user such as a full name, address etc.
- If a user links to a very inappropriate website.
- If a chat moderator abuses their rights, they could be demoted permanently depending on the situation.
Consequences may vary according to administrator / chat moderator decision, but these are the just the most suitable ban times to use.
- If you broke the above rules more than three times, you may get an infinite ban from chat.
- Or even infinite block if necessary.
Whenever sending a report about chat, please do not take screenshots for confirming discussions in the ASR (main) chat (e.g. in case of someone spamming or swearing). Screenshots can easily be edited, and therefore we cannot entirely rely on them for proofs. As the chat is mostly logged, please provide the date, the time (recommended in UTC) and the users involved instead in your chat report.
You’re allowed to…
- Chat about ASR – Advanced Study Room and/or the ASR League, including your own Go games, your Game reviews and those reviews / game commentaries of others, your personal (advanced) Game studies etc.
- Use block/capital letters in chat (NOT chatting fully with block/capital letters in the main chat).
- Announce any Go event you are throwing in the ASR – Advanced Study Room and ASR League.
- Set game sessions in any other chat room without any links in chat (use ‘PM (private message)‘).
- A KICK is permitted as a warning; people who are kicked can come back on chat straight after.
- A BAN is only permitted after a user gets the number of warnings needed due to breaking the rules above.
The PM rules are coming soon when the PM system is being implemented the ASR Team is working on it since 2nd August 2016. Here first screenshots of the internal Alpha tests: